Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Revisiting Casa, at least a little.

During weaving today I met a girl from Holland who worked at Casa for three months. It was fun to revisit the place, although not so fun to visit there...Along those lines, here are some pictures from Casa...Most of them I took my last day there because I pretty much knew it would be my last day there...



Here's the inside of the classroom. It was hard teaching in a sideways classroom, but we did what we had to do. You may recognize the other teacher here. She was in the picture of us at the lake. She escaped shortly after I did.



Here's a shot of snack time. One day Marisol put her snack in her ear and told us that her mom put it there that morning. That was not really true.



Here are little people playing.

Here's Marisol, the precious little one who pooped her pants...

Here are my students, glowing like good students should



Leslie, Carla and Erica. Carla and Erica are sisters. You can tell because they have exactly the same face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't resist posting a comment. Too much blank space and too much time. Love, love, love the photos. I know that they don't capture the true essence of the experience but I love the glimpse into that world. Looking forward to many more photos.

k said...

What's up? Your hiking looks so much warmer than our hiking. Seriously, it snowed about 6 inches last weekend, and we spent several nights with temps dropping into the single digits.

So many cute children in your photos...

miss you!

MylesNye said...

Glowing children? Sideways schools? What kind of f'd up country are you visiting? How do 3 sisters share 1 face? Do they each get it 2 days out of the week and then fight on Sundays? -M.