Sunday, April 8, 2007

Where we are now...

Here are some pictures of Xela. First, we deal with one of the best parts of this town: the food.



Here is the place where they make papusas. The local English language magazine here says of Papusas, "If you haven't ever had a papusa, take a moment to reevaluate your life." I completely agree. They are yummy, cheap, and haven't made any of us sick. Yet. Right now I am on a mission to get more foreigners to eat street food, as there is a rather irrational fear of it running around. Which means that if you are planning on visiting me in Guatemala, which I know you all want to, you will be highly encouraged to try a papusa.



Here are my lovely travel companions posing next to one of the many stands offering a variety of dulces. Most dulces consist of some sort of fruit and sugar. Yum.




Here is the view from our porch at night. Of course, a procession is going by. Also, I think the pictures might be upside down. Give me time people, give me time.



And here we are in the daytime. We're just on the second floor, so as you can see most of the regular buildings are just one story high. The churches and other important buildings are bigger of course...

That's a start. But I've got all day...Alllllllll day.

(I've actually gone back and added pictures to a couple other posts...Right now the coffee post has some new stuff, as does the Guate Part post...More to come...)

1 comment:

MylesNye said...

"I am on a mission to get more foreigners to eat street food, as there is a rather irrational fear of it running around"

Wait: who is afraid of street food running around? The Papusa got loose!

Yay, I'm glad that I read the coffee post after it had pictures added, helped me, well, picture it in my mind. I need a lot of help, my mind is not very big.

Yay, thanks for posting! It's like getting mail from you, which I finally did. -M.